This is a blog, where I share my thoughts on the world of sports. I grew up near Chicago, so most of my topics will mainly focus on Chicago based sports teams.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A death strikes the Yankees...We remember Cory Lidle


I might hate the Yankees and everythign about them. My hatred is put on hold for today because just released on Espn Cory Lide was killed in a plane crash that he was flying. He had just recently bought a plane and got his pilot's license this last offseaon. He had only had his license for 7 months. It crashed into an apartment in Manhattan. He was the only person in the plane.

Cory Lidle began his career with the NY Mets, bounced around from NY Mets to Tampa Bay, To OakLand, to Toronto, to the Reds, to the Phillies via trade and ultimately to the Yankees via trade. He was 34 years old.

Cory was part of the trade that brought himself and Bobby Abreu to the Yankees. He spent 9 years in the league and did pitch for the Yankees in the postseason out of the Bullpen.

Our thoughts and Prayers go out to his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home